Top 10 Ways to Nail Your Next Interview
Being prepared for an interview can make or break whether you get your next dream job. However, interviews can be stressful if you’re not completely prepared for what it might entail. After years of prepping our clients for interviews we thought it might be helpful to share some of our tips and tricks on how to nail your next interview!
- Make sure you have a company contact, their phone number and of course directions on how to get to the office. See tip number 6, you don’t want to be late.
- Research the company and get to know their history and executive team. You can even prepare a list of questions to ask!
- Review the job description and know it inside and out. Prepare to share examples of how your experience correlates to each of their skill set requirements.
- Bring a copy of your resume (make sure it is same copy as previously presented) If you haven’t done so already, be sure to submit a copy to one of our team members for a quick resume review to make sure you’re putting your best foot forward.
- Dress for a good, proper impression for situation (Overdressing is always the best bet).
- Be slightly early, make sure your car is clean as it may be visible from building. You are “on” from the minute you pull into the lot. Use confident body language and positive responses. Responses should be pointed and avoid long winded scenarios.
- Listen carefully don’t get ahead of yourself!
- Ask questions and don’t be afraid to ask for the job!
- Be sure to get business cards for follow up communication and to send a thank you promptly after the interview.
- Lastly, call your recruiter for feedback and to give a briefing on how it went! Our team is always anxiously waiting to hear back from our clients to hear how it went.
If you’re ready to take the next step in your career and really want to land your dream job give us a call today or schedule an appointment to get the process started!